Meet Jenny Millkey
As a Student, Jenny...
...has received the following degrees/certifications:
- Orton-Gillingham 70-Hour Teacher Training at The Schenck School, May 2016
- MA in Religion from University of the South: School of Theology, May 2014
- BA in Religion and Social Justice from Agnes Scott College, May 2011
- TESOL Certification with a Specialization in Teaching English to Children from Oxford Seminars, 2006/7
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma from Atlanta International School, May 2005
As a Tutor, jenny...
- Incorporates study skills, organization, executive functioning, and anxiety management into every session.
- Believes wholeheartedly in the benefits of service learning and outreach in making lessons applicable and meaningful to students' lives.
- Values creativity, games, and interdisciplinary work - Don’t be surprised if you hear her discussing "math grammar" or "word fractions."
As a Lifelong Learner, Jenny...
- Empowers her students by taking them through her Language Detective Training program.
- Sings grammar, history, and science songs boldly (albeit, considerably off-key).
- Reads voraciously because she fInds linguistics, philology, and etymologies utterly enthralling; While only currently proficient in English and German, she has taken four years of Latin and a year each of Mandarin, Swahili, and biblical Hebrew.
- Serves on the Board of Directors for Freedom Fidos, a Georgia-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that rescues shelter puppies and trains them to be task-trained medical service dogs for disabled veterans, first responders, and children with special needs at no cost to their families.
- Is learning to train dogs herself
- Loves helping students develop passion projects for becoming involved in their communities, whether for bar/bat mitzvah requirements, schools, youth groups, or Scout troops!
As a Dreamer, Jenny...
- Believes that every student has the capacity to succeed!
- Is learning to soar without wings and despite her catastrophic fear of heights! Ask her about the horse she rescued without telling her parents, or about her circus explorations into the world of aerial dance!
- Is a proud mama to a rescued Russian Blue cat named Luke and an amazing service dog named JuJu!